It was a lazy Saturday, I want it to eat pasta and my hubby want it to eat steak. So I came up with this one dish satisfied both of our taste buds. Here's a photo of what I made.....
Spaghetti (1/2 Bag)
Salt & Pepper
1. Clean the mushroom with a dry kitchen towel.
2. Diced up the onion & garlic and set it aside
3. Slice up the mushroom.
4. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, heat up one tablespoon olive oil.
5. Add in onion, cook it until it turn translucent, then add in garlic, cook it for 1-2mins.
6. Add in mushroom, add in only half of the mushroom, reserving half to add when the sauce it almost done.
7. Cook the mushroom for 2-3mins, add in 1/2cup of Red wine, cook the wine until it reduce by half.
8. Add in the beef stock and 2cups of water. Cook the sauce for 20mins over medium low heat.
9. Before adding in the cream, add in the remaining mushroom and cook for another 3mins.
10. At the end add in heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste.
11. Season the steak with salt and pepper, pre-heat the oven to 200degree, heat up the grill pan until it is super hot.
12. Sealer all four side of the steak for at least 1 min.
13. Then cook each side of the steak for 1 mins.
14. Place the steak on a baking tray, put it in the oven for 4 mins.
15. Remove the steak from the oven, cover it with foil and let it rest for 5mins before cutting
16. While the steak is in the oven, cook the pasta. Cook it one min less then the instruction written on the package.
17. Drain the pasta well, add the pasta in the mushroom sauce and cook it for one min or until the pasta have combine with the sauce well.
18. Added freshly grated Parmesan cheese and dish it up on a serving plate.
19. Slice up the steak and served.