Sunday, September 8, 2013

Deep Fried Shrimp Won Ton

My hubby have requested me to make this dish since the week before.  I told me that on my day off I will make it for him.  On Saturday I took the bus out to Shau Kei Wan because my hubby have to work half day.

After having lunch, we went grocery shopping at the open market in Shau Kei Wan.  Here's what I made on Saturday night (Sept 7 2013)

Deep Friend Shrimp Won Ton


 Ingredient:

1/2 Lb Ground Pork
1/2 Lb Won Top Wrap
1/2 Lb Live Shrimp

Ground Pork Marinated:

Soy Sauce
Magie Sauce
Chicken Powder
Sesame Oil
Dash White Pepper

1. Marinated the ground pork for 30 mins or more
2. Remove the shell, devine the shrimp, wash it with salt, pat it completely dry and cut in half (Tip: Since the shrimp is alive when I brought it, is very hard to remove the shell.  Here's a trick, put the shrimp in ice cold water for up to two hours.  That way the shell will be very easy to remove)
3. Put 1 & 2 into the same bowl and wrap it with won ton wrap
4. Deep fried the won ton until it turn golden brown
5. Sever it with ketchup or Thai style sweet and spicy sauce

*Each won ton will have one piece of shimp inside.  Do not over pack the filling beucase it will make it harder to cook*


No comments:

Post a Comment