Monday, September 16, 2013

Chives Pork Dumpling

I love eating dumpling, I like it steam, in soup or pan fired.  The reason why I love eating dumpling is because there are so many different stuffing you can put inside a dumpling.  But by far my favorite dumpling filling is chives with pork.  Somehow I think this combination is the best.  Here’s what you need to make chives dumpling……



Ingredient:

Ground Pork (I preferred mincing the pork by myself)
Chives

Seasoning

Soy sauce
Chicken Powder
Sesame Oil
White Pepper
1 Egg
Oyster Sauce
Magie Sauce

Method:

1.      Clean the pork, pat it dry, cut into small pieces and minced the pork.
2.      Diced up the chives, put it in a dry kitchen towel and squeeze all the excesses water out.
3.      Put 1&2 together and combine together with the above seasoning.  Put it back into the fridge for 1-2 hours before wrapping it.
4.      In a non-stick high side sauce pan with cover over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of oil, add in the dumpling and cook it until the bottom turn a little brown.
5.      Add in one cup of water and 1 teaspoon of vinegar.  Cook for another 5-7mins with the lid on.
Remove the lid and check to see if the bottom of the dumpling have turn golden brown and all the liquid is gone.  Dish up and se

No comments:

Post a Comment