Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Seafood Fried Rice
I made this dish for last week Saturday (16-11-2013) lunch. I was planning to make fried rice for Friday’s dinner but my hubby friends ask us to go out to dinner. So that’s why the next day I made fried rice for lunch because I didn’t want to waste the left over rice.
Seasoning For Shrimp & Scallop
Seasoning For Fried Rice
1. Wash the shrimp with salt, pat it dry and cut it in two. Season the shrimp with a little white pepper, salt and sesame oil
2. Wash the scallop and pat it dry. Season it with a little white pepper, salt and sesame oil.
3. Cut the ham into small pieces.
4. For the Chinese broccoli remove all the leaf and cut the stem into small pieces.
5. Put the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk it until the egg white and egg yolk is all combine.
6. In a non-stick skillet, over medium high heat, cook the shrimp and scallop until they are 80% cooked.
7. In a medium size pot, heat up a pot of water, boil the Chinese broccoli for 30 second, drain the broccoli and set it aside.
8. In a wok, over medium high heat, heat up one tablespoon of oil, add in the eggs and right away add in the rice. Keep mixing the eggs and rice together until the rice is all coated with the eggs (this process will take around 2-3mins).
9. Add in the diced ham, cook for 2-3 mins (remember to keeping mixing the fried rice at all time), then add in the corn, Chinese broccoli, shrimp and scallop. Cook everything for another 2-3 mins. Then season the fried rice with some fish sauce and pork powder. Served up and enjoy!!!