Monday, October 21, 2013

Day One In Bangkok, Thailand (Oct 9 2013)

Our flight to Thailand is schedule to leave Hong Kong at 6pm, so my hubby and I have the whole day at home to get ready.  This time my hubby decided to drive to the airport by ourselves.  So instead of eating at the airport, we get to stop by at Causeway Bay to eat sushi before heading to the airport.

After lunch it was still too early to go out to the airport, so we decided to walk around at IKEA, at around 3 in the afternoon we left Causeway bay and head off to the airport. 

This time we flew on Hong Kong Airline.  It’s my first time flying on small airline company and I notice that compare with other big airline company, the flight attendant have really bad attitude toward the customers.  Not only they don’t smile, they also give customer ugly face if we ask them for drinks or food at the wrong time.  Well I guess everything all come with the price.  Cheap ticket equal bad service.

Anyway enough with my BS about airline company.  Our flight arrives on time at BKK airport, once we arrive we went to exchange money and buy phone card.  On our first night in Thailand we had two bad experiences with the Thai people, one is at the airport and the other one is the taxi driver.  Not only are they not friendly with the tourist, they also denied that they are wrong.  This is what happens at TRUE mobile company.  When I was purchasing the phone card (the phone card cost 299B), I gave the girl 500B and she didn’t give me my change back and I just left.  After couple mins, I realize that I forgot to get my change back, I walk back to the phone card counter and ask her to give me my change back, and she yell and me and say “I give you back” “ I give you back”.  I was so niche asking her if she have give me my change back and all she do is yell back at me.  I was so mad that I tell her to check the camera behind her.  It will show that she didn’t give me my money back.  After 5 mins of checking on the camera video, she walk out and say to me “ok!!!!Here!!!!” and throw the money back at me.  I was so mad to the point that I want it to slap her face.  But my hubby tell me to claim down, don’t let people like this ruined my trip.  So I just let it go.

After dealing with the phone card people, next we have to deal with the taxi guy.  At the airport we catch the taxi to the hotel.  The taxi driver says yes he knows the way and it will cost us 450B.  But at the end not only he don’t know his way, he almost drop us off at the wrong hotel.  Lucky at the end he asks around and people show the taxi driver how to get there.  When we get out of the taxi, he say this ride will cost us 500B, because he say need to give tips.  Anyway my hubby and I are just too tired to deal with these kinds of people again, so we just give him 500B and left.

After the purchasing the phone card, we went to catch the taxi and head off to our hotel.  I think the hotel is very nice and clean.  The most important thing is very convenient.  Here are some photos of the hotel, what we ate for our first night at Bangkok and some photo on our way to the airport…..




















No comments:

Post a Comment